If you have suffered through a recent storm or are buying a new home, you always want to inspect for water damage. Water damage can lead to mold and decaying in your home and can lead to serious issues if they go unresolved. Here are the key signs that you have water damage.
- Wet Spots – Dark wet spots on your walls or ceiling is a clear sign that your home is suffering from some sort of water damage. These wet spots should be addressed immediately so you can find the leak and prevent any further damage.
- Flaking – Flaking, bubbling, or cracking in the drywall is an indicator that paint is present in your paint or drywall.
- Standing Water – Standing water is a strong indicator that some sort of leak is present in your home. Standing water typically occurs when a small or large leak has continued over time, creating puddles.
- Moldy or Musty Smell – If you begin to smell something musty or moldy, you may have some sort of water damage. The smell of dampness has a distinct smell that is typically accompanied by mold. Once you notice this smell, you should call a professional right away to inspect for any water damage.
- Increased Water Bill – If you notice your water bill is higher than usual, you may want to consider a possible leak in your home. Some leaks could be small and hard to notice if you’re not looking for them. It’s always a good idea to hire a professional to inspect your home and determine any water leaks.
We hope these key signs will help you determine if you are suffering from water damage in your home. If you have any questions regarding water damage, and the services we provide, please contact us at Covenant Roofing and Construction today.